Selling a company – Getting started
As an entrepreneur, every day you work on growing your business, on your position in the market and on continuity. There will certainly be moments when you pause to consider the possibility of selling the company, but that is not the kind of decision to take on an impulse. However clichéd it might sound; it is your life’s work. The sale should be diligently handled and your company transferred to the right hands, which is an undertaking on its own.
Our bread and butter
You find yourself in an unfamiliar place, where everybody wants something from you. In the middle of all that, how do you make the right judgements for yourself and for your business? How do you maintain control of your future? And what if the situation changes over the course of the process? How will you deal with that? It may not be ‘business as usual’ for you, but for Hogenhouck it is our bread and butter.
We will put you in the strongest possible position
We make it our mission to put you in the strongest possible position and to keep you there. That is why it is important for us to build a connection with you. It enables us to better understand what matters to you most, which in turn allows us to maintain a sharp focus on your commercial and personal interests, and provide the best kind of advice to you.
Together, we form a team
When the time is right to sell the company, we will guide you through the entire process. You will be at the heart of our transition team. We will bring all our knowledge of the markets, the market players, negotiations and the world behind the numbers to the table.
Curious about the experience of other clients we helped with the sale process?
Our dedicated team manages a meticulous sale process:
- We analyse the buyer’s market and calculate a realistic valuation of the business
- We work together to create a sales strategy; every business and every entrepreneur is unique
- We ensure strong positioning and presentation in an Information Memorandum
- We approach potential buyers through our extensive network
- We host management meetings with interested parties
- We assess offers and lead the negotiations
- We handle the letter of intent
- We coordinate the due diligence
- We oversee the sale agreement and the closure of the deal
- And of course we act as a trusted advisor for all those ‘unusual’ things that come to light, because there are bound to be some.